A few fun things….

I’ve got a few fun things to show you today. This past week, I submitted things to another Design Team – now I have to sit and wait! We’ll see how that goes – I’ve got another few days of waiting to go. Good thing I have had lots to make, I haven’t had time to stew about it too much!

A huge thank you to those of you who helped me identify my Asiatic lillies. Now I’ll know what to buy come fall! I am so excited about a beautiful flower that even I can’t kill!

First off, I wanted to share a GORGEOUS card I got in the mail from Lauren (mytime). She sent me this after she first set up her blog. She was having trouble learning wordpress, and Kimberly and I (mostly Kimberly!) were able to help her out with some of the glitches she encountered. She had a different blog banner at first, and this was inspired by that banner. Thank you Lauren!

mytime-apr07-erg.jpg

Now I have two of the things I submitted for the Design Team. I got into their images after seeing them on Emily (waterpixie)’s blog. They are so cute and I love the French influences! So here is some of what I sent in.

hey-chick-just-johanna-may07-erg.jpg

This card was done using one of their chicklet stamps. They have so many of these and I want them ALL! Chicklets with hats, dressed up, weilding swords, etc. So cute! The sentiment is also from Just Johanna. I stamped the chicklet on white cardstock using black stazon. I colored it in with a so saffron marker. The sentiment is also stamped in black stazon. I punched it out with the mega oval punch and sponged so saffron on the edges. It is mounted on a black giga scalloped oval. That is on dimensionals on the saffron card front. Black gingham ribbon was tied in a bow behind it. Along the bottom of the cardfront, I used the Ornare paper piercing guide to pierce the scallops. The cardfront is on dimensionals as well – layered on black then on a saffron card base.

just-johanna-coaster-box-may07-erg.jpg

This is a box done out of medium weight coasters. I used Fancy Pants papers (mulberry road collection) on the coastesr. I mod podged the papers on, trimmed the edges and sanded them with a sanding block. Then I sprayed them with Plaid spray sealant. I used my Bind-It-All to punch the holes and then I “laced” it up using burgundy grosgrain ribbon. My only trick to the bow-tying is the tie them upside down (turn the project upside down when you tie the bow) because for some reason this helps them to lay right. The image on the front is a teacup colored in with watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. My favorite part is the steam with the words ‘Happy Birthday” in the flourishes. I want every one of those flourish/steam sentiments they have!  Oh!  Almost forgot – the tutorial on making these boxes can be found here.  I used the stinky E6000 glue to stick the base on.  It smells bad, but it works.

So those are a few of things I’ve sent in. I’ve already shared all the others over the past week or two. And now I’ll just wait! I am so so not good at waiting, lol!

5 comments to A few fun things….

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.