I don’t know about you, but I’ve got lots of patterned papers. I am sure most people have more than I do – I was kind of late to bloom in the paper arena. (I think I just started using patterned paper on cards in the last 6 months). But I’ve collected lots! Well, I have decided to challenge myself to use it. Each week I will pull an older sheet of paper out of my stash and use the WHOLE PIECE. Yep, the entire piece gets used up. Not doing one sheet wonders or anything, just using up the whole sheet. I welcome any of you to join me in this challenge! Feel free to link your creations here so I can check them out! So, for this week, here is what I created with my paper! I chose a sheet of older Chatterbox paper I’ve had for at least a year.

green-thumb-may07-1-erg.jpg
This was my first card using it. I used SC122 for the layout. I was dying to use my new Green Thumb set again so I decided to do a pot of flowers and try to match the ones on the paper. I stamped them all in SU Classic inks: bordering blue, mellow moss, cranberry crisp, really rust, and blush blossom. That panel was layered on cranberry crisp. I used the SU sm horizontal punch (or whatever that thing is called!) and tied grosgrain and gingham ribbons through it. I mounted that on dimensionals over a panel of chatterbox with a strip of blush blossom. The Blush Blossom was stamped with same ink using SU’s linen stamp. I pierced holes along both sides. It was then mounted on cranberry crisp and a blush blossom base.

ginak-may07-1-erg.jpg

This card was made using the wagon of flowers from Ginak. It was stamped in brown stazon and colored in with creamy caramel, close to cocoa, cranberry crisp, blush blossom and mellow moss. I used the ticket corner punch on the corners and sponged creamy caramel around the edges. I mounted it on cranberry crisp and used vintage mini brads in the corners. I layered that on a mellow moss with scallop piercing done using the Ornare template. I popped that on dimensionals over a panel of the chatterbox paper that had the edges run along the cranberry crisp ink pad. I stamped the mother sentiment in chocolate chip on the mellow moss cardfront.

papertray-may07-1-erg.jpg

Next I whipped out my PaperTray set (with some of the accents from Green Thumb) and dug out my long forgotten craft ink pads. I have gotten rid of most of these, but I had a few left – and what do ya know?!? They matched the chatterbox paper! I love the look of craft ink on Kraft paper – I am really hoping my new Versamagic Dew Drops will acheive the same affect….we’ll have to see when they get here! So I stamped the flowers using so saffron, blush blossom, mellow moss and bashful blue craft inks. I sponged white craft along the edges after I distressed them using the Heidi Swapp distressor. I then pierced along the edges and did faux stitching using the Signo white gel pen. I put that on dimensionals on a mellow moss and then basic black. I punched a blush blossom tab using the SU tab punch and edged it with a black marker so it would pop more. I punched holes in the tab and tied black gingham in it. that panel is mounted on dimensionals then layered in black and mounted on a blush card base.

papertray-may07-2-erg.jpg

The last card was done using the same PaperTray sets. I stamped the flowers in craft ink again and punched the Kraft paper out using the GIGA scallop punch, edges sponged in white, and mounted on dimensionals. Mellow moss strip was stamped using one of the flower centers from PaperTray in white craft ink. It was also sponged along the edges. All layered on another cardfront of the Chatterbox paper. I stamped the sentiment in mellow moss craft ink – I’m not sure I like how that turned out, but oh well!

chatterbox-coaster-box-may07-erg.jpg

I used some of the last squares (and a few from another coordinating chatterbox sheet) to make this coaster box. I used medium weight coasters, modpodged the paper on, sanded the edges and sprayed them with Plaid sealant. I punched them with my Bind-It-All and laced up the box using mellow moss grosgrain ribbon. I sprayed sealant on the inside, but did not paper them. I stuck the bottom on using E6000 glue. There is a tutorial on these boxes here.

beaded-chatterbox-pens-may07.jpg

I used the last little bits of paper on these pens. There is a tutorial on the beaded pens here. I am using most of this for the Teacher Appreciation gifts for the boys this week.

I hope you all join me in the One Sheet A Week Challenge! I’ve got some great new stuff to show next Sunday for a long awaited Stamping Space Sunday segment.

And don’t forget to comment for the Blog Goody!