For some reason I was up terribly late last night and I came up with this card. It really did turn out quite nice, if I do say so myself! I had just seen the LSC99 and wanted to try putting the sentiment as the main focal point. I think it stands out even more IRL, the black stazon I stamped the words in really pops on this card.
I started out by stamped linen on both pieces of white cardstock in sahara sand ink. I sponged the edges with sahara sand as well. Then I markered up the flower and repeated stamped it on the background piece. I decided to distress the edges of the flowered piece and used my Heidi Swapp distressor for this. I used my stampamajig to stamp the greeting and I stamped it in black stazon. I wanted a very thin black border around both those pieces, so I layered it that way. Then I put a bit wider border of bravo burgundy behind the black to make the sentiment more of the focal point. I tried it without paper piercing and it really looked bland. So I pierced it all the way around. That really looked like too much. So then I cut another piece and just pierced the corners and I think that turned out just right.
I stamped the paisley background stamp in versamark on the sahara cardstock and sponged the edges with sahara sand. I used some velvet ribbon I found at Michael’s with a pewter ribbon slide from the hodge podge hardware kit. I made sure it wasn’t going to slip around by putting a glue dot under it. I think that’s about it! I am pretty happy with the results, for once, lol! I’ll show you what else I come up with later on!